How to Automatically Create Confluence Pages from Jira Issues in 6 Easy Steps
Our Easy Integrations for Jira plugin does exactly what it says on the tin. It allows you to integrate your Jira instance with any platform that you so wish, including Confluence! This handy Jira plugin does this through REST API calls. It also has a built-in Confluence page creation capability. Save time and increase your productivity by automatically creating pages and documentation from Jira issues!
Why is this so important? Well, Jira workflows have digitally transformed physical business processes but Easy Integrations for Jira goes one step further. EIJ allows businesses to automatically create and archive information as Confluence documentation. Here’s how to do it in just six easy steps…
6 Easy Steps to Automatically Create Confluence Pages from Jira Issues
1. Download the Easy Integrations for Jira plugin by Snapbytes on Atlassian Marketplace.
2. Add a “Create Confluence page using a template page” post function to the relevant workflow transition (i.e. the one that you would like to create a Confluence page for).
3. Create a condition for the post function using your own Groovy script, in order to determine when the post function will execute.
4. Select a Confluence page template within the Easy Integrations for Jira’s dynamic templating feature. This feature allows you to use all issue attributes including summary, assignee, and priority. It also allows you to use many other systems and custom field values for even more personalized results.
5. Select a folder for your page which is where the page will be created. For this, you have the option of selecting a parent page by searching its name or page ID.
6. Define the page details for the Confluence page template. You can choose the page title, parameters, and JSON request body (this is for more advanced capabilities and can be left blank).
Read the full article about how to automatically create Confluence pages from Jira issues on our Medium page. You can also get in touch if you have any questions about the Easy Integrations for Jira plugin.